Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hong Kong Scenes



Over the Sea of Okhotsk

This is the sea ice breaking up in the Sea of Okhotsk in Late February. On my first flight to Asia I naturally assumed I would be seeing nothing but water beneath. The flight from Los Angeles to Hong Kong actually goes all the way up the west coast of the U.S. and then down the east coast of Russia, Japan then to Hong Kong. I was fortunate enough to be sitting on the right side of the plane and enjoyed the beautiful view until I was ordered by the stewardess to close my blind. (She asked me nicely the first time until I told her I prefer to leave it open to look out the window). I flew Cathay Pacific and the service was outstanding. Food and drinks were available during the entire 14 hour flight. You can either ask the stewardess or get up and get it yourself at your leisure. What a great way to fly!


Hong Kong Bay Junk

This Chinese Junk was coming in to port on Hong Kong Bay. All hands on deck.



Street Crossing - Hong Kong

Street scene in the vibrant city of Hong Kong. Walking in this city is a sensory adventure.





Hey Mister, Need a Lighted Toy?Hong Kong Bay waterfront.Window Chef

I'm not sure what he was cooking but it all smelled appealing.

Know what they call Chinese food in China?




......................................Food। ;-)




No comments: