Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Philippines Leg

Hello Halo Halo. Halo halo is a very popular, refreshing, sweet and delicious dessert/drink in the Philippines. It consists of Jell-O, flan, beans, milk, ice cream and other ingredients that I am not really sure of what they are. It goes down real good in the Manila heat!


Fish and Fruits are sold on just about every roadside in the Philippines. Cars literally stop on the road (you have to be very careful driving there) to buy delicious juicy fresh fruits and, as this boy shows, fish. The fresh fruits there are some of the best I have ever tasted!

Cow Watching Traffic
This is an occassional sight along the roads in the Philippines. This cow was just a couple feet from the road and appeared content just watching the cars whizz by.

Gyne Clean? I was told that the woman in the poster is the daughter of former president Corazon Aquino. She has quite a reputation for being very "sociable" with men, which probably explains her wanting everyone to know how (ahem) clean she is.










Rear View shows some of the many different vehicles all over the Philippines. This is a very convenient and common type of taxi. I did not get the chance to ride on one but they woke me early every morning as these trikes are annoyingly noisy and my sister-in-law's home, where I stayed, is on a fairly busy street.









No comments: